Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 Equinox accelerator

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2012, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Equinox accelerator

My 05 Equinox does not accellerator when going up hill. I am not sure what to look for diagnosing the problem. It's my first car and the mechanic has not been helpful because it is not a constant problem. It's struggling to get in the right gear is the best way I know how to describe it. Open to any ideas/suggestions.
Old January 15th, 2012, 7:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Brooklyngirl,

It may be a transmission problem, the actual transmission, low fluid or fluid leak. These are just suggestions, not a diagnosis. If you would like, PM me your VIN number, I may be able to offer additional information.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection to a GM Certified Technician. They should be able to offer a diagnosis with a physical inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 15th, 2012, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Equinox Update

Hi, I appreciate your help. This is a new experience for me and going into the repair shop has been a bit dissappointing. It is amazing that I have to prove that I am a lady but intelligent to the mechanic I used (dealer). The VIN is 2CNDL73F756140199.

I am entertaining giving the car up but rather not.
Old January 16th, 2012, 4:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Brooklyngirl,

Thank you for providing your VIN number. I asked for the number to see if there were any known issues on 2005 Equinox vehicles. Unfortunately, there are no known issues at this time.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. I am sorry your previous experience at the dealer was disappointing. If you are not comfortable taking the vehicle to your current dealer, you are more than welcome to take it to another dealer. If you would like, I can search for others in your area. I would just need your zip code.

When you do take the vehicle in, I suggest you have them take the vehicle for a drive, so they can attempt to duplicate the problem. Explain to them what happens and when it happens. Be as specific as possible, the more information the better. In order for them to diagnose the problem successfully, they have to be able to duplicate the problem.

Please keep me posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service