Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

'05 Equinox leak, any known diagnosis/solution?

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2010, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Equinox cab interior leak, any known diagnosis/solution?

My '05 Equinox leaks when it rains and collects in the floor boards(front). It's been doing this for going on a year or better now and I still haven't found a solution. I realize this is nothing new to many, myself included.
With that said, I've researched this in the past but haven't found much in the way of a cause/solution to the problem.

What I have found that seemed viable, didn't cure the problem. I performed the modification to the inferior plastic/rubber drain fitting and that didn't help. The fitting is located near the front cowl and windshield base if i remember correctly. There was a TSB issued for that supposed solution.(can't remember TSB#)

They said that chevy used an inferior type of rubber/plastic for that particular application and to take it to the dealer. Well, I did it myself as I'm very mechanically inclined(occupation;Union Pipefitter) and didn't want to deal with the stealership.

Anyway, I've pursued this problem with the stealership and financially I refuse to go that route. I had my local mechanic look at it and he also did some research for me regarding any TSB's. He couldn't find the source of the leak and suggested a body shop as the next step.

I haven't taken it to a body shop yet. I thought I would make another run at this problem myself.

Has there been any real solutions develop in the last six months or so?
If so, I would greatly appreciate any info regarding this matter.

Thanks! BTW, I'm new to this forum and hope I'm not over stepping my newly acquired boundries(sp). Man, I used to spell really well, I don't know when I lost that ability. I probably lost it with my sanity!!

Last edited by Fighting Irish; October 16th, 2010 at 7:56 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Fighting Irish
My '05 Equinox leaks when it rains and collects in the floor boards(front). It's been doing this for going on a year or better now and I still haven't found a solution. I realize this is nothing new to many, myself included.
With that said, I've researched this in the past but haven't found much in the way of a cause/solution to the problem.

What I have found that seemed viable, didn't cure the problem. I performed the modification to the inferior plastic/rubber drain fitting and that didn't help. The fitting is located near the front cowl and windshield base if i remember correctly. There was a TSB issued for that supposed solution.(can't remember TSB#)

They said that chevy used an inferior type of rubber/plastic for that particular application and to take it to the dealer. Well, I did it myself as I'm very mechanically inclined(occupation;Union Pipefitter) and didn't want to deal with the stealership.

Anyway, I've pursued this problem with the stealership and financially I refuse to go that route. I had my local mechanic look at it and he also did some research for me regarding any TSB's. He couldn't find the source of the leak and suggested a body shop as the next step.

I haven't taken it to a body shop yet. I thought I would make another run at this problem myself.

Has there been any real solutions develop in the last six months or so?
If so, I would greatly appreciate any info regarding this matter.

Thanks! BTW, I'm new to this forum and hope I'm not over stepping my newly acquired boundries(sp). Man, I used to spell really well, I don't know when I lost that ability. I probably lost it with my sanity!!

WOW! Nobody has any info on this. That's surprising. I did research this on here and found very little, maybe I'm not using the search function to its full potential.

Last edited by Fighting Irish; October 17th, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Hey! Thanks for all the help...NOT!! I'm a MOPAR guy, the Equinox belongs to my wife. I thought I could get some assistance here, Guess Not!! I should have known better with you chevy guys. I still can't believe she talked me into that piece of ****. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for that. Well, I wont be back. To the powers that be, cancel my membership.