Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 Equinox Speaker and Water Leak Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2013, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 05 Equinox Speaker and Water Leak Issues

Very frustrated with my Equinox I purchased last year. It seems to have nothing but problems. My Latest issue is no sound at all from my speakers and my car leaks when it rains.

The small speakers in the doors have always had a humming/static noise in them (even with radio off) ever since I got it but I just ignored that issue. Now my speakers keep going completely out. Sometimes just a few minutes, sometimes a day or two. There is no sound at all even the door chime noises are gone. I've also discovered I have water leaking in my car when it rains. I believe I have narrowed that problem down to the sunroof drain tubes not draining like they should and can hopefully fix that issue on my own. My floor boards have been getting soaked and I'm wondering if that has caused a wire or my amplifier to short out causing the speaker issue. I'm pretty comfortable tearing my car apart to fix it myself but I'm not familiar with the audio system. Any thoughts would be great on what I should try to do to fix the issue. I'm trying to avoid paying someone big bucks hoping they fix the problem without them throwing in different parts.