Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 Nox Inside Fan/Blower ?

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2015, 5:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Nox Inside Fan/Blower ?

Why is it that the inside cabin fan/blower is cutting off briefly and then comes right back on when the ac is on ? Fan speed is set to 3 when this occurs.
Is something getting ready to fail ?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old July 21st, 2015, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

After utilizing Google I was able to find more info. However in the link I'm going to post shows the multiple plug drivers side being bypassed and a wire being spliced on a 2006 Nox. If this is indeed my problem are the 05-06 nox's the same as far as the wiring to the multiple plug and blower ? Also with the multiple plug being bypassed is that creating another possible electrical issue ? My blower is only blowing part of the time as it still is cutting on and off while on at any speed. The other day it would not come on at all until I tapped/banged underneath the dash on passenger side and then it started again.
Thanks for any info and here's the link.
2006 Chevrolet Equinox, Blower Erratic / Inoperative
Old July 21st, 2015, 5:09 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

I really wanted to respond to your first post, but the part about it only happening when the fan speed was set to three baffled me. If the blower motor randomly cuts out at all speeds I suspect it has a bad spot in it. It certainly wouldn't hurt to inspect the wiring before replacing the motor though.

The wiring should be nearly identical between 2005 & 2006 models.
Old July 21st, 2015, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
I really wanted to respond to your first post, but the part about it only happening when the fan speed was set to three baffled me. If the blower motor randomly cuts out at all speeds I suspect it has a bad spot in it. It certainly wouldn't hurt to inspect the wiring before replacing the motor though.

The wiring should be nearly identical between 2005 & 2006 models.
Hey ruley73,
Thanks for your reply. Please don't hesitate in replying to my post as I really do appreciate any info obtained by you and others. This thread is really slow as it is.
The reason I noted the 3-speed was because that is the setting that I usually keep it on and that is where I first noticed it doing that.
But now it will do it on any speed.
Today on speed-2 no issues. When I put it on 3 it cut off and then on while sitting in the car in park. I never use the 4 setting as it really blows too loud and hard.
As I mentioned before one day it would not come on at all until I banged underneath the dash on the passenger side.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Ray7
Hey ruley73,
Thanks for your reply. Please don't hesitate in replying to my post as I really do appreciate any info obtained by you and others. This thread is really slow as it is.
The reason I noted the 3-speed was because that is the setting that I usually keep it on and that is where I first noticed it doing that.
But now it will do it on any speed.
Today on speed-2 no issues. When I put it on 3 it cut off and then on while sitting in the car in park. I never use the 4 setting as it really blows too loud and hard.
As I mentioned before one day it would not come on at all until I banged underneath the dash on the passenger side.
This is usually the tell-tale sign of a bad blower motor. On a ten year old vehicle it is definitely possible.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
This is usually the tell-tale sign of a bad blower motor. On a ten year old vehicle it is definitely possible.
Any pointers on a how to change it out ? It is freaking hot here in TX.
I'm still having issues with the compressor as it cut's off on long runs but doe's a really good job on short runs and I will take that instead of no ac at all.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 9:44 PM
CF Pro Member

I found a couple TSBs (attached below) that you should take a look at before replacing the blower motor.

#PIT3698A_ Intermittent Loss Of A_C Request Blower On Speed 2 3 Or 4 - (Jun 24, 2009).pdf
TSB #03-08-45-003D_HVAC_driveability_issues_check harness.pdf

Replacing the blower motor is pretty straight forward. It's located just above the passenger's feet behind the glove box, and is held in with three screws.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 5:56 AM
CF Beginner

^^^^^OK,
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll start pricing the blower and have it hand once it totally fails. I'll also check the wiring on the drivers side panel and at the blower.
Remember the multiplug was bypassed on the and the wire spliced. Is that a good idea if it is the wire ?
Old July 23rd, 2015, 7:05 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Ray7
^^^^^OK,
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll start pricing the blower and have it hand once it totally fails. I'll also check the wiring on the drivers side panel and at the blower.
Remember the multiplug was bypassed on the and the wire spliced. Is that a good idea if it is the wire ?
As long as the splice is done properly like it was in the link you posted there's no harm in doing it.