Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

'10 Equinox - Looking for Document - Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2013, 2:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '10 Equinox - Looking for Document - Oil Consumption

Hello All! I am having an oil consumption and engine noise problem with my 2010 Chevy Equinox. It has approx. 30K miles on it; starting at about 20K we got a rattling noise - dealership fixed some things and noise went away. Recently brought into dealership as the issue returned, was told oil was so low it wouldn't register on dip stick (it has been properly serviced approx every 5k). Found a bulletin online (no name or ID#) referencing a known problem with this particular make/model/engine (Link: GM 2.4L DI oil consumption? - Bob Is The Oil Guy). The dealer says this document is old/does not exist and refuses to do anything other than have me do an oil consumption test (bring in every 500 miles) until they can find this document. Does anyone have a document number or name of this document that the dealer can search?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Last edited by 2010_Chevy; June 6th, 2013 at 2:56 AM. Reason: grammar
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

2010_Chevy,

I can certainly look into this concern for you. Can you please private message me your name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership? I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service