Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 equinox gauges don't work

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2020, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gumby22
At the base of the steering column, look for a splice pack with all purple wires going into it. This is a splice for the class 2 data circuit - the cluster and PS control module are part of this network.

Check for damaged wires and pull the cap off the splice to inspect the terminals for corrosion and loose connections. Repair as needed.

The radio, radio receiver, and air bag module are also on the class 2 network. Try pulling fuses for them to see if cluster and PS return.

Thanks will do tomorrow am and check back!
Old November 10th, 2020, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gumby22
At the base of the steering column, look for a splice pack with all purple wires going into it. This is a splice for the class 2 data circuit - the cluster and PS control module are part of this network.

Check for damaged wires and pull the cap off the splice to inspect the terminals for corrosion and loose connections. Repair as needed.

The radio, radio receiver, and air bag module are also on the class 2 network. Try pulling fuses for them to see if cluster and PS return.

I took up the carpet all the trims pieces and foam filler and I still dont see a splice pack with all purple wires going to it any idea where to look?
Old November 10th, 2020, 6:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Nox6767
I took up the carpet all the trims pieces and foam filler and I still dont see a splice pack with all purple wires going to it any idea where to look?
It’s not under the carpet - it’s on the firewall side of the instrument panel framework, just above where the steering column supports bracket is.

In the illustration below, I circled it in red. The view of the illustration is oriented so you’re looking at the instrument panel carrier from the firewall side. You’ll have to remove the trim panel beneath the steering column - behind that is a piece of sheet metal that also needs to be removed - then you’ll have a better view of the wiring harness in that area.

The following users liked this post:
ruley73 (November 11th, 2020)
Old January 20th, 2021, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

This is what says when trying to communicate

New code it has

Only communicate with ones with red

This was a new code I got when scanned today. Did have dead battery not sure if that or not communicating