Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 equinox no power or anything

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2019, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 equinox no power or anything

so not sure if my battery died. but went outside to take my sons to school and truck would not start, no lights no power, nothing. put battery on charger overnight. charger says 100% charge. went to start and nothing. no dash lights no interior lights and no headlights, and no crank. father-in-law checked all fuses he could think of and checked battery cables, they're tight. not sure what else to check.... never had this issue b4. BIO - engine replaced last year. starter, starter wire to battery, alt, and battery replaced this spring. husband is mechanic and did all work. but he is gone for few more months(army). father inlaw who is mechanically inclined is stumped. any help appreciated. i have a backup sedan so no rush but with winter coming any minute ill be screwed without my 4x4 suv
Old November 28th, 2019, 5:17 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Casie Wetzler
so not sure if my battery died. but went outside to take my sons to school and truck would not start, no lights no power, nothing. put battery on charger overnight. charger says 100% charge. went to start and nothing. no dash lights no interior lights and no headlights, and no crank. father-in-law checked all fuses he could think of and checked battery cables, they're tight. not sure what else to check.... never had this issue b4. BIO - engine replaced last year. starter, starter wire to battery, alt, and battery replaced this spring. husband is mechanic and did all work. but he is gone for few more months(army). father inlaw who is mechanically inclined is stumped. any help appreciated. i have a backup sedan so no rush but with winter coming any minute ill be screwed without my 4x4 suv
Check connections at the starter and the ground connections. If those look good, remove the underhood fuse block and check the plugs going into it. Power from the battery isn't getting to the underhood fuse block. You just need to figure out where the break in the circuit is.