Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox Stablitrack warning lights

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2012, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Equinox Stablitrack warning lights

Hello i am new here i am looking to maybe get some help with my 06 equinox... here is my problem

at random ...and mostly in wet weather but not always my stabilitrac warning lights come on with the message stablitrac off line , check stablitrac , engine power reduced ....then it will creep along or stall out the chevy dealer couldnt find a problem when hooked up and it cost me 75.00 any idea on what it might be ?....what i have read here on this forum is that a lot of chevy owners have had this same problem ...also with no codes pulling up at the dealership ... i am hurt as i have always driven GM products and loved them all i love the equinox too but now that it is a few months away from being paid off i get this mess please please help Dick Genthe Chevy in michigan is a Joke ...their service dept was most un-helpful with this problem

thank you so much
Ryan

Last edited by xxryan76xx; June 2nd, 2012 at 4:34 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 7:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

bad dealer that charges $75 for hooking up a scan tool then gives you zero diagnosis results. Go somewhere else or call the service manager. Tell them your disappointed that you paid for diagnosis and got nothing. Maybe they will go something for you. Request that their best technician work on it.

When engine reduced power messages (typically caused by throttle actuator motors or accerator pedal position sensor faults) occur the ecm will shut down traction control system operation.

I'm surprized no codes were stored in the module history. You will need a dtc to diagnose this problem.

Any water intrusion into the vehicle? as some issues have occured with water getting into a body wiring connector located near the driver side A pillar.
Old June 4th, 2012, 2:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> xxryan76xx,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue with your Equinox vehicle. "tech2" makes a valid suggestion regarding water leaks. Do you know if your dealer checked for water leaks? This only occurs when it is raining? This could be due to water intrusion of the instrument panel to the body harness connector. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I also find it odd that no codes came up. It can be difficult to diagnose a problem if it cannot be duplicated and/or no codes come up.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected, possibly at a different dealer, if this issue occurs again.

If you would like to set-up a case regarding this issue, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 5th, 2012, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in the shop

Well I took it to a different dealer ...its still in the shop, they said it had so many codes they don't know where to start ...the tech told me that they were going to clear the codes and do a cold start this morning and see what codes return .....I'll let you know what they say