Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevrolet Equinox vacuum hose? Some kind of hose (see photos) was not attached

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2016, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevrolet Equinox vacuum hose? Some kind of hose (see photos) was not attached

I just purchased this car and notice a "noise" - we discovered a hose was not attached and upon further inspection it appears that someone had glued it where it was broken

Can anyone tell me what this is called? I don't have any problem changing stuff out myself but am having a hard time figuring out what this is.
The photos are pretty self explanatory of what I am trying to find out - but in case it is not
Can I just replace the hose?
If not, what is the piece called that it attaches to?
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Chevrolet Equinox vacuum hose? Some kind of hose (see photos) was not attached-img_20160512_090029300_hdr-picsay.jpg   2007 Chevrolet Equinox vacuum hose? Some kind of hose (see photos) was not attached-img_20160512_090013945_hdr-picsay.jpg  

Last edited by Angie Simpson; May 12th, 2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: did not realize photos uploaded twice
Old December 2nd, 2019, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Angie Simpson
I just purchased this car and notice a "noise" - we discovered a hose was not attached and upon further inspection it appears that someone had glued it where it was broken

Can anyone tell me what this is called? I don't have any problem changing stuff out myself but am having a hard time figuring out what this is.
The photos are pretty self explanatory of what I am trying to find out - but in case it is not
I have the same issues what wire is it called I broke mine changing the spark plugs now I'm scared to start the SUV....2007 Equinix
Old August 4th, 2020, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Angie Simpson

has anyone figured this out?
Old August 7th, 2020, 8:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 272 Likes on 235 Posts

That hose attaches to the EVAP system purge valve - also called the charcoal canister or canister purge valve.

If it’s the valve that’s broken, the nipple can be removed from the fitting by pressing the white tab on the fitting and using needle nose pliers to pull it out. You may need a little spray lube to work it out. The valve will have to be replaced.

If it’s the plastic hose that’s broken (or if the nipple can’t be removed), it can be spliced or replaced using 1/4” or 5/16” emissions hose and clamps, available off the shelf at any auto parts store. If you don’t want it spliced, the line assembly from the purge valve to the steel line on the firewall should be available from a GM dealer. It will require a heat gun for installation.