Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Horn Problem!

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2010, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Horn Problem!

I have a 2007 Equniox. The horn stopped working. When you press on the steering wheel to blow the horn you hear a clicking sound under the hood. Sounds close to the firewall to me. Were is the horn? Could'nt see it from top or bottom. HELP!!!!
Old August 17th, 2010, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Got my horn fixed. It was easy. the horn is behind the driverside headlamp. Take that out and theres the horn. GM Parts Warehouse price. $35.00.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Horn Problem

Originally Posted by carshowdave
Got my horn fixed. It was easy. the horn is behind the driverside headlamp. Take that out and theres the horn. GM Parts Warehouse price. $35.00.
Do you still have your 07 Nox? The horn just quit on my 07, too. What is the procedure to remove the headlight to get at the horn? Do you have the part number for the horn?
Old May 9th, 2011, 4:14 AM
CF Junior Member

see the post about the headlight removal, and you will see the same for the horn. also, i was going to mention that the clicking sound is probably the relay, trying to actuate the horn, which tells you the problem is either at the relay output, or beyond. guess it was the horn itself in carshowdave's case.
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Equinox Horn Problem

Still couldn't get my horn to work so reluctantly took it to GM dealer. Found out my under dash fuse block has a short in it. $450 to fix. Ouch! I asked service writer if he had ever seen this problem before and he said no. I said since my Nox only has 34,300 miles if he thought GM could help me out a little with this. 3/36 warranty is over. Question I have is whether anyone out there has had any luck getting help on a fix from GM once warranty is over and also if anyone has ever had the under dash fuse block go out.
Old May 17th, 2011, 2:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Bumblbe,

Just checking in to see if the horn issue has been taken care of?

Thank you,
Caron, Chevrolet Customer Service

Originally Posted by Bumblbe
Still couldn't get my horn to work so reluctantly took it to GM dealer. Found out my under dash fuse block has a short in it. $450 to fix. Ouch! I asked service writer if he had ever seen this problem before and he said no. I said since my Nox only has 34,300 miles if he thought GM could help me out a little with this. 3/36 warranty is over. Question I have is whether anyone out there has had any luck getting help on a fix from GM once warranty is over and also if anyone has ever had the under dash fuse block go out.
Old May 18th, 2011, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Nothing done yet. Fuse block is ordered from my local GMC dealer (they are very close to my work so I use them for repairs). The GMC dealer has submitted my request for assistance on the repair cost to GM and is supposed to have an answer today. I told him to tell GM that all 3 of my current vehicles are GM products (all purchased new by me) and I hope this helps them with their decision. I still can't understand how a fuse block could fail if it wasn't defective from the start...
Old May 18th, 2011, 9:08 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumblbe
Nothing done yet. Fuse block is ordered from my local GMC dealer (they are very close to my work so I use them for repairs). The GMC dealer has submitted my request for assistance on the repair cost to GM and is supposed to have an answer today. I told him to tell GM that all 3 of my current vehicles are GM products (all purchased new by me) and I hope this helps them with their decision. I still can't understand how a fuse block could fail if it wasn't defective from the start...
Bumblbe,

Please keep me updated with this situation. I would like to know the outcome.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
CF Active Member

Mine didn't work when I got it and I discovered that there wasn't a fuse for it in the fuse box. I put in a 10 amp fuse and it works great now. Guess you ain't going to be that lucky. The fuse box I'm referring to is the one under the hood, not inside the car. You may want to double check that and make sure you're not about to get ripped off.