Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 equinox electrical a lot of unknown codes abs break Stabilitrak off lights on

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2019, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 equinox electrical a lot of unknown codes abs break Stabilitrak off lights on

I bought this car for my mom 6 days ago put new battery in runs great 3 days ago it was dead i put jumpers from my old chevy eveything lit up and started next day same thing started up but now it has abs light brake light and Stabilitrak off light on went down had code read this is what it said u0131 u2142 u2143 u0102 u2106u2107 u2105 c0550 and p0455 . last night last night went to put it in the garage it was dead i went to put the battery charger on it battery charger went crazy needle jumping light flashing went inside the car dash lights flickering unpluged the charger took the ground off put the charger on it said 80 %charged put tester on it had 12.8 v hooked the battery up still no power but soon as i put the jump on with door open everything cume right on and started right up no waiting but the abs break and Stabilitrak off lights are oncan sumone help please. i can't afford a mechanic mom is on ssi I'm on disability
Old September 6th, 2019, 2:21 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Wb623
I bought this car for my mom 6 days ago put new battery in runs great 3 days ago it was dead i put jumpers from my old chevy eveything lit up and started next day same thing started up but now it has abs light brake light and Stabilitrak off light on went down had code read this is what it said u0131 u2142 u2143 u0102 u2106u2107 u2105 c0550 and p0455 . last night last night went to put it in the garage it was dead i went to put the battery charger on it battery charger went crazy needle jumping light flashing went inside the car dash lights flickering unpluged the charger took the ground off put the charger on it said 80 %charged put tester on it had 12.8 v hooked the battery up still no power but soon as i put the jump on with door open everything cume right on and started right up no waiting but the abs break and Stabilitrak off lights are oncan sumone help please. i can't afford a mechanic mom is on ssi I'm on disability
You should remove the battery and take it to an auto parts store to have it properly load tested. It sounds to me like it's probably bad. The battery typically lasts only 4-5 years in these vehicles. Computers cause weird anomalies when they don't have enough power to properly function.

Last edited by ruley73; September 6th, 2019 at 2:23 PM.
Old September 6th, 2019, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Ok I'm taking it a battery shop to look at do you have any idea about the u c p cods are and abs light brake light and Stabilitrak off light is
Old September 6th, 2019, 7:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Thanks Ok I'm taking it a battery shop to look at do you have any idea about the u c p cods are and abs light brake light and Stabilitrak off light is
I think those are false trouble codes due to the bad battery. I would only take them seriously if the battery tests good.
Old September 6th, 2019, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Ok thanks ill take it back to autozone where i got it
Old September 7th, 2019, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Ok last night i took the battery back to autozone thay tested it said nothing wrong with it. Put it back in the car this morning 10:30 AM the car started up no problem all day same the stabilitrak off /service light is on abs light and brake light but now the radio is in locked mode yes i now need to get unlock code but is not suppose to come to locked its suppose to power up with clock then turn it on to locked. But anyhow the stabilitrak abs and brake lights on is ticking me off they're still on with no codes at all (((help please help))) ps i found a black wire with white strip in the ecm right plug in a red plug bye itself casing peeled off wire exposed to the red rubber plug is that a ground no big deal or i don't want to think about it a new ecm
Old September 8th, 2019, 8:24 AM
CF Pro Member

Ok last night i took the battery back to autozone thay tested it said nothing wrong with it. Put it back in the car this morning 10:30 AM the car started up no problem all day same the stabilitrak off /service light is on abs light and brake light but now the radio is in locked mode yes i now need to get unlock code but is not suppose to come to locked its suppose to power up with clock then turn it on to locked. But anyhow the stabilitrak abs and brake lights on is ticking me off they're still on with no codes at all (((help please help))) ps i found a black wire with white strip in the ecm right plug in a red plug bye itself casing peeled off wire exposed to the red rubber plug is that a ground no big deal or i don't want to think about it a new ecm
I took the time to lookup the definition for each of those trouble codes you posted. I may have been too quick to dismiss their validity.

P0455 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Large Leak
C0550 - Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) Fault
U0102 - Lost Communication With Transfer Case Control Module
U0131 - Lost Communication With Power Steering Control Module
U2105 - Loss Communication with UART System
U2106 - Lost Communications With Transmission Control System
U2107 - Lost Communications With Body Control System
U2142 - Lost Communication With Yaw Rate Sensor (YRS)
U2143 - Lost Communications With Steering Angle Sensor (SAS)

All of these (except P0455) could be caused by a bad Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM), a blown fuse, or a fault in the harness going to the EBCM. The EBCM is located under the hood, in the driver’s side rear corner of the engine compartment, just below and to the right of the Brake Master Cylinder.

Check any fuses that are related to the EBCM/ABS/ESC in the underhood fuse panel. If they all check good, I would inspect the plug at the EBCM. The EBCM could be bad, but check the little things first.

Last edited by ruley73; September 8th, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks i will be checking that out today