Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox wire diagram

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2014, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox wire diagram

I am an avionics tech so this is frustrating, my windshield washer pump is shorted and my keyless entry works intermittent. I need a wiring diagram to see if I have two different problems or if they are related, but cannot find one. Please help!!!
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From years 2007 and on, the Body Control Module (BCM) controls both, as well as all other locks/lights/ect.
My BCM went bad last winter. Due to required programming, Chevy stealship must replace it. They gouged me for 4 hours labor - even after I told them upon scheduling the appt and dropping it off that the BCM was bad and I needed the BCM replaced and programmed - forgive the rant - it makes me feel better - still a sore subject for me:>)
The Haynes Manual (PN 38040) has very nice wiring diagrams that I used to look this up - the book has been worth the $ (if you plan to keep the Nox).

Last edited by tomwalt; May 4th, 2014 at 8:00 PM.
Old May 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that part a bus where I can open it up and fix it myself?
Old May 6th, 2014, 8:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clydemu2005
I am an avionics tech so this is frustrating, my windshield washer pump is shorted and my keyless entry works intermittent. I need a wiring diagram to see if I have two different problems or if they are related, but cannot find one. Please help!!!
With these being your only two issues, I would start with the washer pump and T/S it - there are relays fuses than can be swapped, power/grounds to be checked. The BCM is a ckt card that controls everything attached to the body - locks, windows, ignition lock, tailgate, wipers, etc.
I doubt that the BCM would be bad if you only have these two issues.
** Another thing that causes weird issues is the battery - if your battery is the original, I would replace it - go to Wal-mart and get the exact amperage replacement (if I recall it is an H5 - but you need to verify this)

Last edited by tomwalt; May 8th, 2014 at 8:14 AM.