Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox factory stereo amplifier specifications needed

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2020, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox factory stereo amplifier specifications needed

Hey all, I'm fairly new here but I have thoroughly enjoyed this forum. I recently added an extra 2 channel amp in my 2010 Equinox to drive a couple of subs in the cargo area. I would have never been able to figure out the wiring scheme of this highly complicated audio system on my own but with the complete 3 page 2010 Equinox audio wiring diagram, with factory color code I might add, that I found here on this forum, it was no problem. (Many thanks ruley73 for that invaluable resource!!!) I ended up making a couple of RCA cable jack leads that I wired directly into the left and right rear low audio output wires that ran from the stereo to the amp. (Hopefully that was the correct method and and alright to do as I am using both amps...the factory one and the new one I installed for extra subs?!? Seems to be working so far.) Now what i really need is the specifications or data sheet of the factory stereo amplifier. Particularly what the wattage is for each channel since this particular amp seems to have 6 channels. I am having to replace at least the rear door speakers (and will probably replace all of the speakers honestly) where as there is static coming through them even at lower volumes especially when lower frequencies are played. I am assuming that they are blown because all the other speakers sound good even when turned up to higher volumes. My problem lies in knowing which wattage speakers i should purchase for each channel to obtain the best quality performance. If anyone has this information or knows how I can obtain it myself, please let me know. Thanks again everyone, this forum is great and obviously very helpful to many people!!

Last edited by Jacobee; September 14th, 2020 at 12:14 AM.