Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox Stabilitrak issue and electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2018, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Equinox Stabilitrak issue and electrical issues

My 2011 Equnix has been running fine for a while but the other morning I tried the remote start. Car didn’t start so I went to check it and the remote wouldn’t work. So put the key in the ignition which was then stuck and wouldn’t turn all the way back. I popped the hood and the electric cane back on without me doing anything. Then as I was leaving work later in the day, the radio cut out and the message Service Stabilitrak came up but then disappeared. When I got home, went to turn the car off and it lost all power again. Key was stuck on the ignition as well. After about 2 minutes the power cam back. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that the 80amp mega fuse is going bad?
Old February 22nd, 2018, 1:18 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmoney316
My 2011 Equnix has been running fine for a while but the other morning I tried the remote start. Car didn’t start so I went to check it and the remote wouldn’t work. So put the key in the ignition which was then stuck and wouldn’t turn all the way back. I popped the hood and the electric cane back on without me doing anything. Then as I was leaving work later in the day, the radio cut out and the message Service Stabilitrak came up but then disappeared. When I got home, went to turn the car off and it lost all power again. Key was stuck on the ignition as well. After about 2 minutes the power cam back. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be that the 80amp mega fuse is going bad?
These are all telltale symptoms of low voltage. Inspect the connections at your battery terminals, and get your battery & alternator tested. I'm thinking your battery needs to be replaced, but further troubleshooting is needed.

Last edited by ruley73; February 22nd, 2018 at 1:23 AM.