Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox USB player

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2015, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox USB player

hello! 2012 Equinox 1LT. Since plugging in my drained battery iPhone into the USB jack in the center console, after it charged a bit and started communicating with the sound system I always get "Files not found <OK>" error but it starts playing the music. But as soon as I hit OK it goes back to whatever source it was on before. I tried restarting my phone a couple of times but didn't change how the radio acted. Is there anything I can do or should I try to reset the radio by disconnecting the battery? and if I do that, is there something else I have to worry about when I put the battery terminals back?
Old January 1st, 2020, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Lasz
hello! 2012 Equinox 1LT. Since plugging in my drained battery iPhone into the USB jack in the center console, after it charged a bit and started communicating with the sound system I always get "Files not found <OK>" error but it starts playing the music. But as soon as I hit OK it goes back to whatever source it was on before. I tried restarting my phone a couple of times but didn't change how the radio acted. Is there anything I can do or should I try to reset the radio by disconnecting the battery? and if I do that, is there something else I have to worry about when I put the battery terminals back?
I see I am quite a few years late here, but if I came here from a search then others may as well.

As far as disconnecting your battery to reset the radio, you could instead pull the fuse(s) related to the radio/navigation system. The electrical /fuse area of your vehicle manual can help finding these. Just check "fuses" in the index.

If you choose to disconnect the battery, you can disconnect the negative terminal which will break the circuit removing power to the vehicle. After a few minutes the radio should be reset, along with other systems. When I've done this my favorites remained programmed as I had them which was a nice surprise. I reset mine due to silence for satellite radio, terrestrial radio, and AUX input. I had the same audio problem in a Ford (work vehicle), which a simple power cycle (ignition off, door open, ignition on) fixed it.

I would recommend not disconnecting the battery close to inspection time as emission systems will be reset and will need time to collect data to give pass codes for an emissions test. Depending on your driving style this could take up to a week to collect the necessary data. Good luck!

Last edited by Patch207; January 1st, 2020 at 1:26 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lasz
I have this same exact problem! Did you ever find a solution? I tried the battery/fuse thing with no luck
Old August 4th, 2020, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Honestly I don't remember anymore, it was so long ago. Since that I've gone through multiple phones since and changed the battery once as well. I remember trying plugging in a bunch of different phones to test, and I might have reset my phone back to factory settings/updated to latest iOS at the time and reinstalled it.