Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 equinox door ajar indicator

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2019, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 equinox door ajar indicator

Last week I had the rear drivers side door open indicator came on and won’t go off. Also the power window won’t work from either to rear door switch or drivers door switch. I am thinking it may be a bad ground but don’t know how to troubleshoot. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or fix for this problem before I start to buy parts. Thank you
Old September 8th, 2019, 1:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

check the wiring loom from the b-pillar into the l/r door. constant flexing from opening and closing can break the wires at the flex point. pull the rubber loom back.
Old September 9th, 2019, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
check the wiring loom from the b-pillar into the l/r door. constant flexing from opening and closing can break the wires at the flex point. pull the rubber loom back.
No appearance of worn or broken wires. After further investigation here are some more details. The window will not go down (or up) with either the back door button or the drivers button. I also swapped the rear window switches with and the result was the same. I also noted that when the windows down/up switch was unplugged from the rear passengers door it showed open on the dash. Once plugging in the switch it went away. I am now trouble shoot a window switch issue as opposed to latch actuator switch in that door. Are there any electrical schematics that would help me trouble shoot power paths.
Old September 9th, 2019, 7:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

if you can remove the door trim panel....check for power and grd to the window motor when the switch is in the up and down position. if you have power and grd...the motor is nfg. if you don't have power...the wiring, switch or module must be faulty.
Old September 12th, 2019, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

No power from either rear switch or driver side switch. But power to the switch. Would you have a schematic so I could trouble shoot to the source