Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2014 Checy Equinox Lift Gate Issue

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2023, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Checy Equinox Lift Gate Issue

I have a 2014 Chevy Equinox LT. The rear hatch Lift gate has stopped working. The none of the automatic functions will open the hatch, FOB, Button, inside button. When I press the button on the outside, next to the backup camera, the lock unlocks acts like it is going to open but doesn't and I can lift the hatch manually. It has some resistance but it can be lifted without much effort. Can anyone help in diagnosing the most likely defective part, actuator, motor, sensor, etc or give me some advise on how to diagnose the correct faulty part. My local dealer says $100 for diagnosis and probably $1000 to fix. Hopefully someone can point me to a more reasonable fix.
Old April 24th, 2023, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Issue fixed

Originally Posted by sidtech
I have a 2014 Chevy Equinox LT. The rear hatch Lift gate has stopped working. The none of the automatic functions will open the hatch, FOB, Button, inside button. When I press the button on the outside, next to the backup camera, the lock unlocks acts like it is going to open but doesn't and I can lift the hatch manually. It has some resistance but it can be lifted without much effort. Can anyone help in diagnosing the most likely defective part, actuator, motor, sensor, etc or give me some advise on how to diagnose the correct faulty part. My local dealer says $100 for diagnosis and probably $1000 to fix. Hopefully someone can point me to a more reasonable fix.
After a little more research, I found a thread that had the same issue I had reported and the fix was listed. I will say right off the bat, I feel stupid!
The switch on the inside top console which determines if the hatch opens full or 3/4 also has an OFF setting. Mine was in the Off setting and once I switched it to 3/4, Viola, it works again. I hope this silly mistake I have done helps someone in the future.

God Bless!