Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox LT passenger side headlights dim

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2019, 6:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Equinox LT passenger side headlights dim

Hello All,

I am having identical problem as described in the post https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...t-issue-77309/ . This vehicle also had a incident with a deer that impacted the front and passenger side of the front end a little more than a year ago. Over the weekend the passenger side headlight went dim, but not off. I replaced the bulb, checked all the fuses and I think think is from a loose ground wire based on the link pasted above. Yesterday the lights have returned to normal function without me doing anything, but I know I need to fix the issue. Rather than chasing the ground and all that, ( the wires are not that easy to chase as far as I can see), can't I just splice the black wire coming from the lamp socket, drill a hole in a nearby frame and attach a new ground and be good to go? It seems a lot easier and I don't know any reason why a ground ......isn't just a ground. Does anyone know where the ground is located for the passenger side lights? Please advise.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by john ringer; September 11th, 2019 at 7:13 AM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 8:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

yes, you can run a grd to the body. i would test the theory of a bad grd before doing a repair.

you could measure the voltage drop of the grd wire...should be LT 0.2volts
you could run a jumper wire from the grd wire to a body grd and see if the lights brighten...it they don't, the problem is not grd related.