Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2017 equinox growl/rattle

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2019, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 equinox growl/rattle

Hi everyone. I've been searching a bunch of different forums for information/help with no luck.
About 3 years ago my wife and I pulled the trigger on a brand new Equinox LS. It has been good with only minor problems until recently. Roughly 8 months to a year ago we started experiencing a weird growl/grinding rattle under acceleration. It started happening in roundabouts and while turning during acceleration. It has been into two different dealerships multiple times and they have yet to figure it out. The noise is getting worse, both louder and longer in duration. The dealerships are no help at this point. We started brining it in around 32k miles and we are up to 40k now, so I feel like it is way too early to be having these problems. Has anyone else had similar issues?
Old February 4th, 2024, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor man

Originally Posted by fullsend
hi everyone. I've been searching a bunch of different forums for information/help with no luck.
About 3 years ago my wife and i pulled the trigger on a brand new equinox ls. It has been good with only minor problems until recently. Roughly 8 months to a year ago we started experiencing a weird growl/grinding rattle under acceleration. It started happening in roundabouts and while turning during acceleration. It has been into two different dealerships multiple times and they have yet to figure it out. The noise is getting worse, both louder and longer in duration. The dealerships are no help at this point. We started brining it in around 32k miles and we are up to 40k now, so i feel like it is way too early to be having these problems. Has anyone else had similar issues?
carked exhaust manafold