Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2019 Equinox headlamp beam

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2020, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Equinox headlamp beam

Hi,
Is there a way to adjust the headlamp beam (when in low beam). I do realize that the beam is pointed higher and many a time now, drivers keep flashing their high beam on me. Its very irritating and I was hoping to get it adjusted either by myself or take it to the dealer (who will charge money as if they need to replace the entire car).

Now I must admit with the higher beam pointed, freeways are a charm, I can see way further. But when it rains, its just a misery, I can hardly see anything and secondly, the oncoming driver is very much blinded. I did try and compare my vehicle to other Equinox's around and I do realize that some of the beams I have seen is lower.

Any help or clues would be great!

Thanks,
Vincent
Old January 28th, 2020, 4:26 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

im not familiar with your vehicle, but pop the hood look down at the headlight assembly. you should see some screws (most time torxs) and adjust them. you should only be able to only adjust the low beams and it might only be one screw on each light for the vertical adjustment.