Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Headlight shutoff while driving switching from hi beam to low beam

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2019, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight shutoff while driving switching from hi beam to low beam

Hey Everyone,

My first post and obviously I have an issue. I have a 1998 4x4 Chevy Tahoe LT 4 door with the 350cu in. My problem is that the other night while driving normally, I was using my low beam lights as usual then switched to high beam for a time. With a passing car I switched back down to low beam and the low beam headlights did not come on. I went back to highs so I could see to drive. The low beam lights no longer come on but the high beam lights continue to function. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and what might be the cause?
Old June 3rd, 2019, 8:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Check your 1998 wiring circuit diagram to see if the low beams have a separate fuse.

Check both low beam bulbs, one could've been out for a while, and the second just burned out.

Do you hear a click under the dash when you switch from the working high beam position to the non-working low beam position?