Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

aftermarket stereo issues?

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2008, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket stereo issues?

I have an 08, and I had put in an aftermarket stereo. After that, I found out later on that the remote start does not work with an aftermarket stereo. Now I did order my stereo parts through crutchfield, and i did get Metra's GMOS-LAN-01 GM data bus interface through crutchfield. It was able to restore use of the chimes and on star (which my equinox doesnt even have on star). After installing all of this, I had no clicking noise for turn signals, and the remote start doesn't work. Any clues as to how to bypass the stereo on the remote start? I honestly could care less about the turn signal noises, but I would like the remote start to work. Thank you.
Old July 8th, 2008, 5:25 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: aftermarket stereo issues?

Try removing the integration module and see if it remote starts. The module may be throwing a code which is why its not remote starting.

Sounds like you have the wrong module anyways seing as though the signal don't work