Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

aftermarket wire harness not working

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2014, 1:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket wire harness not working

I have a 05 equinox and my factory CD player died....so I went and bought a scoshe gm 3000 harness for a pioneer head unit I got...I wired it up using bunt connectors
Plugged it up and it didn't come on....so I went and bought a Walmart harness wired it up...still the same problem...BUT (AND I KNOW THIS WASNT SMART)
BUT I CONNECTED THE 2REDS &THE 2 YELLOWS
TOGETHER AND IT WORKED...but IT WOULDNT SHUT OFF
WHEN I TURNED THE CAR OFF
DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I MIGHT BE DOING WRONG...
I checked all my fuses and did a voltage test...everything seems to b in working order
Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

There are two 12 volt lines going to the player. One is on/off with the key and the other is hot all the time. Possibly you these 2 reversed.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

I reversed them as well but still no power...someone at a local car audio shop said I might have to run a wire to the battery...but I don't wanna do it cuz I'm not certain...I'd rather have some one be more specific

........... .

Old September 2nd, 2014, 8:59 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

You're using the wrong interface. According to it's user manual, the Scosche GM3000 interface only works for 2007-2009 Equinox.

The correct interface from Scosche for the 2005-2006 Equinox/Torrent is GM16SRB, but it doesn't retain OnStar. You will not be able to walk into Wal-Mart and buy it. You'll need to go to Best Buy or a car audio shop to get it unless you order it from an online retailer.

You need the interface because a regular switched +12v lead is not used with the factory radio. Instead, the radio is commanded to turn on through a data connection with the BCM. The interface creates a switched +12v lead to use with an aftermarket radio.

Last edited by ruley73; September 2nd, 2014 at 9:01 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 5:47 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

You should never run a power line directly from the battery without putting a fuse in the circuit. Anyway a line directly to the battery will not be switched. It will be hot all the time. You can use a line from another component in the car that is switched.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Man you guys are the best...I thank u very much....thank you.thanku .thanku .thankuthanku