Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Any Cons with the Equinox????

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Cons with the Equinox????

Looking into buying a SUV and was wondering if there is any things I should know about the Equinox?
Old August 17th, 2006, 2:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Any Cons with the Equinox????

I haven't heard any bad news about it yet.

Altough I knough they are very good all around.
Old November 17th, 2006, 12:54 AM
CF Beginner

not that i know of, i've heard very good things.
Old November 17th, 2006, 2:12 PM
CF Active Member

My daughter has an '06 LT Equinox and it drives very well, I'm pretty sure they're based on The Saturn Vue platform. Good, solid vehicle.
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

The only "bad" thing about the Eq is it's relatively mild engine. At 185 HP it's not going to win any drag races. The Vue has 250 HP and the new Equinox-based Suzuki XL7 gets over 250HP from the 3.6 "high content" V6. I keep hoping that GM will put the 3.6 in the Eq but it hasn't happened yet. Still, the Eq has caught on here in West Michigan, I see more of them on the road each day. So far the reliabilty has been very good and I also have not heard much bad about them. If you're not a speed demon you may find the engine/power just fine. Take one for a drive so you can determine for yourself.
Old November 27th, 2006, 3:30 AM
CF Beginner

My parents have one and so do I. We are for the most part very pleased with them. We have had a few things mine had more. But it wouldnt keep me from getting another. My parents definatly want another when their lease expires next year. I may get another when mine expires or I may get an HHR. We wish the fuel economy was a little better. We get about 16-17 mpg in town and 21-24 mpg on the highway. The engine is plenty powerful for everyday use. I wouldnt complain though if they did put in something more up to date.
Old January 5th, 2007, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 06 Equinox LT the only complaint I have is you can't fit anything wider that 3' in it found out the hardway thought I could fit a 4' x4' piece of plywoold in it no go
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

I traded a 2002 Honda CRV for a 2006 Equinox LT because I wanted luxury. I really like this car and may consider another when my lease is up, but as for cons, I can think of two. 1) The cargo area in the Honda was wider. The Equinox's wheel wells take upmore space thanthe Hondaso that my two labrador retrievors can't sit back there unless I fold the seat down. 2) The turning radius is not nearly as slick as the Honda. There are many times I have to back up and try again for a parking spot because the wheel won't turn any more. Still, I do like the ride and the leather luxury, not to forget the great speaker system that comes standard. I thought I'd never use that Onstar but within a few months, found a need to call 911 and let them do it. Lastly, I also like the satellite XM radio. That's all.
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:27 AM
CF Beginner

I bought a brand new lt last month, drove it 10 days and got rear-ended by a drunk driver. so far the estimate is $13,000. From what i could tell, im glad i was in the equinox instead of my old 1996 saturn sl2. not sure the car would have sustained the impact. he hit pretty hard.