Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Can't find BRAKES!!

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2008, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find BRAKES!!

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD w/ 4 wheel disk brakes. I have called every auto parts store there is and I have even talked to a few chevy dealerships.

Nobody and their grandma's can find rear rotors and pads for this car. Does anyone know where I can find them? All the stores/dealerships come up with are rear shoes for drum brakes. I got the front but no REAR!!! HELP PLEASE!

Also, the tailgate struts are bad and the dealership has them but they are 90!!!! Dollars a PIECE!! I am not paying 180 dollars for two little struts for my tailgate to stay up. I have again called a bunch of dealerships and the price is the same (plus they all have to order them......) and I have also tried ALL the autoparts stores there are and they can't get them either!!!! Can someone pleaseeee help me find these parts.

I have also looked at online chevy parts dealers, aftermarket parts stores, and every other place you can buy chevy parts and cannot find the pads, the rotors, or the struts for the tailgate.

Please does anyone know where I can find these parts?
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't find BRAKES!!

Try familycar.com seems to be the best price. These parts are not cheap by any means!