Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Engine hot a/c off - help!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2011, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hot a/c off - help!!!

It is -22 here and my truck was warmed up and on my half hour highway drive to work that warning came up on my 2007 equinox. My temp gauge was at the bottom...... I am clueless as to what the issue is and wether i should be driving it or bringin it in. I am a single mom that need my vehicle to take my 2 year old to dayhome and etc as well as on a very small budget..... is this repair expensive??

Please help!!!
Old January 19th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would suggest having the vehicle checked by your dealership. It sounds like this type of fix would be covered under your 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, under normal circumstances. I hope that helps you and if you run into other issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old January 19th, 2011, 9:52 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lisaequinox2001
It is -22 here and my truck was warmed up and on my half hour highway drive to work that warning came up on my 2007 equinox. My temp gauge was at the bottom...... I am clueless as to what the issue is and wether i should be driving it or bringin it in. I am a single mom that need my vehicle to take my 2 year old to dayhome and etc as well as on a very small budget..... is this repair expensive??

Please help!!!
Its possible the reading is not accurate due to the extreme cold and once it warms up a bit it may return to normal, thou as CCS suggested a trip to the service department may help answer those questions. If the vehicle is running noticeable different then the issue could be more serious.