Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

equinox 2020 front grill replacement

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2021, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question equinox 2020 front grill replacement

I am trying to change the front grill of an equinox 2020, and i would like to know if the entire front bumper needs to come out in order to replace it. Or if there is another way to do it with out removing the front bumper.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Torres
I am trying to change the front grill of an equinox 2020, and i would like to know if the entire front bumper needs to come out in order to replace it. Or if there is another way to do it with out removing the front bumper.
Any help will be appreciated.
I'm wondering the same for my 2019 LT but can't find anything online and I've looked through it and you most likely have to take the bumper off.. it's just a PITA and I don't want to go through that again (had to swap a headlight assembly cuz some lady broke it)
Old April 4th, 2021, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KM DR
I'm wondering the same for my 2019 LT but can't find anything online and I've looked through it and you most likely have to take the bumper off.. it's just a PITA and I don't want to go through that again (had to swap a headlight assembly cuz some lady broke it)
I finally decided to go for it since I couldn't find anything online, and unfortunately I had to remove the front bumper in order to replace the grill. It was not that bad to remove the bumper, except for 2 screws under the fender that are kind of hard to reach them.
The following users liked this post:
KM DR (April 4th, 2021)
Old April 4th, 2021, 9:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

With many late model vehicles that have any ADAS (Advanced driver assistance systems) something simple like removing and reinstalling a bumper can affect the correct function of these systems and possibly require realignment of the sensors. Suggest you check with a dealership service dept before changing anything.
Old March 30th, 2023, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Torres
I finally decided to go for it since I couldn't find anything online, and unfortunately I had to remove the front bumper in order to replace the grill. It was not that bad to remove the bumper, except for 2 screws under the fender that are kind of hard to reach them.
Hello. I am struggling with finding and then removing the same 2 screws under the fender. Are they located inside that moon shaped opening that I cannot see inside of? Don't suppose you can provide me with a photo of where they are located. I was cruising right along until I got to these two last screws. Any help would be appreciated.