Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Have questions about radio system: Need Help

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2010, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have questions about radio system: Need Help

Want to install Sirius sat. tuner/receiver in 06 Equinox. Stock radio is the AM/FM single CD MP3 type with no factory XM sat. installed. Question: if I go to the location where the factory XM tuner/receiver would have been installed ( I think in the driver side rear quarter panel ) will I find the connector/plug where the factory unit would have been already in the wiring harness bundle? In other words, would the harness have the connector for the XM even though the XM unit was not a factory installed option?

Another question: if I find that I can't find the connector in the factory harness, where would be a good place to tap in for B+ if I use the after-market harness (fuse panel, battery, or somewhere else in the wiring)

Please excuse my ignorance if I seem to ramble as to what I want to do! Any diagrams or info would be greatly appreciated. The 2 local GM dealers don't have a clue about anything pertaining to the audio system in this car. They couldn't find anything in their parts or service manuals that said they could even install a factory type unit for me.

Last edited by the-aeronut; January 23rd, 2010 at 1:56 AM. Reason: clarity
Old January 23rd, 2010, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the-aeronut
Want to install Sirius sat. tuner/receiver in 06 Equinox. Stock radio is the AM/FM single CD MP3 type with no factory XM sat. installed. Question: if I go to the location where the factory XM tuner/receiver would have been installed ( I think in the driver side rear quarter panel ) will I find the connector/plug where the factory unit would have been already in the wiring harness bundle? In other words, would the harness have the connector for the XM even though the XM unit was not a factory installed option?

Another question: if I find that I can't find the connector in the factory harness, where would be a good place to tap in for B+ if I use the after-market harness (fuse panel, battery, or somewhere else in the wiring)

Please excuse my ignorance if I seem to ramble as to what I want to do! Any diagrams or info would be greatly appreciated. The 2 local GM dealers don't have a clue about anything pertaining to the audio system in this car. They couldn't find anything in their parts or service manuals that said they could even install a factory type unit for me.
the-aeronut,

I'd highly recommend registering here and posting the same question in the SiriusXM Install Bay section. The folks who run that site are experts in Sirius|XM satrad radio installation and are always willing to lend a hand with this sort of thing.

Also, TSS-Radio is the same company who owns the aforementioned forum. If you contact them directly, I'm sure you'll find a satisfactory resolution.

If you do choose to register there, look for a guy named TSS Taylor.

Good luck in your endeavor.

And no, I don't work for them or get paid any sort of royalties. They just have super customer service and a second-to-none knowledge base.