Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

please help i have posted muliti post on this sight and have yet to recive any replys

Old November 17th, 2014, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help i have posted muliti post on this sight and have yet to recive any replys

please check out my other post.. I am having multiple problems with my 2003 suburban.. thank you.. any info would be greatly appreciated..
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
I have seen the post and it sounds like you have an electrical problem going on.
Are you the original owner?
Did everything work correctly before you got it or was it like this?
Need to look at any after market items that have been added and or removed.
Check all of your fuses, check the battery ground cable and the grand strap to the body and engine...
Old November 17th, 2014, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

i just bought it a week or so ago.. the local gm dealer tells me there are no active recalls... I had to change out the car battery once I got it home.. I think the used car dealer had did the old switch a roo on the battery.. it had a dead cell.. I replaced the battery with a new on.. later that day after I had changed out the battery is when I noticed the onstar flickering on and off.. all the fuses are good.. the insterment clusters left blinker and cruise control problem did not happen until I removed it to check the bulbs.. I thought the 4x4 bulb was burned out.. but when I took it out I had to half way take it apart only to find that it had LEDs not bulbs.. when I reinstalled it the left blinker and cruise would not light up. the cruise and blinker does work though.. it lights up in the mirror and the front and rear lights work fine.. the volt meter shows 14v or so.. and I didn't see signs of corrosion on the battery cables.. the ground wire to the engine and frame seen intact.. I have not found any after market products on the vehicle.. so I don't know were else to look or start to look.. starts and runs great.. everything else seems fine..so far!
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Are you saying the none of these anomilies occured 'til you pulled the cluster?
Old November 18th, 2014, 9:40 AM
CF Junior Member

For the blinker, cruise, and 4x4 lights:
As far as I know; if other lights are working, nothing can cause the lights to not illuminate other than a possible wire problem, cluster board issue, or check the pin out on your cluster harness to be sure they are not bent or broken. I had to rebuild my cluster in my 03 Duramax.....and IIRC mine had regular bulbs....not LED's.

Someone else can correct me if i'm wrong, but thats my input........
Old November 18th, 2014, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

I noticed the onstar short after I changed out the battery.. the cluster probloms happened after I removed the cluster,to look for burnt bulbs.. only to find they are all LEDs..