Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

manual shifting

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default manual shifting

We have a Malibu with a similar transmission to the 2011 Equinox, sure it is only used in winter, but it is a good way to slow the vehicle on a bad stretch of ice. Since we just got this and I'm learning more about the problems this poor neglected car has , I found a new pronblem. If I select manual I see the gear it is in but if I use the + - buttons on the side of the shifter it doesn't do anything. With the Malibu you can push the - button and it down shifts like it should. Am I missing anything here, does this manual mode require some special procedures to change the gears. I have checked to car in D and you can see it does shift gears automatically as it should. It's not a big problem but I would like to get everything working as it should, like I said I feel bad to see vehicles abused by those people who just don't give a dam.
Old September 7th, 2016, 2:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

That sounds like tow/haul option, but I didn't think that was available on cars.