Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

need advice

Search this Thread

Old November 6th, 2013, 1:44 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need advice

I have a 2007 equinox. Awhile back while driving using the cruise control; all of a sudden the car would start shaking bad. Took it out of cruise control and everything ran fine. This was the 1 sign for trouble to come. Took it into my mechanics shop. He ended up replacing the brake switch and had to have brake roter replaced. The car ran fine for a couple of miles and then acted like the car had the brakes on. emer. brake was off also. Took it into the dealer and they said the brake switch needed reset. They did that. Ask another mechanic and said to remove the vacuum hose from brake booster and if any liquid in it, it needed replaced. We bought a new master cylinder and brake booster and had them installed. But it still acts like the brakes are on. Finally got a code no. it is C0131. would anyone know what this code means. no one seems to know what the problem is.
Old November 6th, 2013, 3:22 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

I Google'd the error code and found this....

DTC C0131-C0139

DTC Descriptors

DTC C0131

Antilock Brake System (ABS) Pressure Circuit

DTC C0136

Base Brake System Pressure Circuit/Sensor

DTC C0138

Base Brake System Pressure Circuit/Sensor Low

DTC C0139

Base Brake System Pressure Circuit/Sensor High

see the attached pdf I also found with it...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dtc_vauxhall_abs.pdf (210.3 KB, 7579 views)
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C0131 is generally a problem with the BPMV. Brake pressure modulator valve. It is the unit that houses the valves and solenoids to control ABS events. I believe that the BPMV comes with a new EBCM but fully certain on 07 equinox's. Sorry, but the best bet is to have dealer diagnose it again to be for certain. The last c0131 set in an 08 equinox I had ended up needing a BPMV. But doesn't mean that each one is similar. Also more things to check make sure all air is purged out of brake system. Make sure master cylinder is good. And also make sure you didn't by any chance put the wrong fluid in it or previous people that worked on it. If you contaminate brake system with a fluid like power steering fluid it will cause seals to swell in brake system and that will cause the brakes to feel like they are dragging at all time. I know I gave you a lot of checks but there are so many different scenarios and I'm trying to touch base on all of them