Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Rattle Engine, Headlight shorts, and Break Fluid

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2015, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rattle Engine, Headlight shorts, and Break Fluid

I bought by Equinox back in 2011. This was my first vehicle purchase and after doing what I thought was a lot of research decided on the 2010 Chevy Equinox. It originally had about 24K miles on it and currently has about 56K. Shortly after buying the vehicle I noticed a ticking/rattling sound so I took it back to the dealership and they told me that everything was fine and it was because it was "eco drive". Shortly after that I had a short in my blinker but I was still covered under the warranty so reluctantly they fixed it. Since then I've had two recalls on this car as well as a short in the drivers headlight that the dealership said was a bulb issue and wanted $60 to change the bulb. Turns out it was not a bulb issue when I had my local repair man look at it and it was actually a short in the wiring. I've also had to replace my break fluid twice in between oil changes!!! I have never had to buy extra break fluid and now I've had to do it twice with this car. I come from a long line of Chevy purchasers and this is by far the worst car that has been in my family.
Old March 25th, 2015, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have a shorts or opens in your turn signals and headlights? Were they recalls or bulletins? Did you replace your brake fluid or add brake fluid? What are you asking?