Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2014, 2:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak

2010 Equinox: Experienced loss of power all of a sudden and couldn't accelerate when lights lit up on dashboard: Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak

Service light still on after turning off car and restarting. Just came back 2 weeks ago from dealer to fix recall problem for defective chain causing loud engine noise. Currently about 85,000 miles. Can't find reason online and would like to know if covered by warranty
Old March 4th, 2014, 8:25 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello Vramierz,

Each case is handled on a case by case basis. Please provide me with your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. I can have your dealership reach out to you with your available options. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Reduced Power

Thank you...I will call them directly. Any options that I should know about?
Old March 6th, 2014, 9:54 AM
Official GM Rep

Hello Vramierz,

You are welcome. In order for us to best assist you and address your questions the best we can, we would need to gather your personal information. Please send us a private message so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 6th, 2014, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak Reduced Power

Since I haven't used my Equinox that had the "Reduced Engine Power - Stabilitrak Error" message on my dashboard for a 3 days, as I turned it on this morning to take it to the dealership, the service engine light was now off, and I drove it around a few blocks to see if the reduced power was still effecting the car, but it was not. Last time I took the car to get it repaired under the recall issue regarding the chain, I told the service rep that I had this problem with the reduced engine power just a week before bringing it in and that it left stranded at 9pm as I left my work. I ended up leaving the car overnight at my work, and returned the next morning and took it in to the closest mechanic a few blocks away. They charged me $200 and said they replaced a sensor, and it seemed to do the trick. I then found out about the recall problem regarding the chain, and brought it in to the dealer. I told the service rep about the Stabilitrak problem, and he said he really couldn't do anything about it since the warning light was off, but that they would take a look at it since it may be related to the recall problem, but if it wasn't, they would have to charge me for it. He also asked me if there was anything else wrong with the car, and I mentioned that there was a high pitch whirling noise coming from the back of the car that went off randomly, but especially when I accelerated. He also offered to take a look at it. They worked on my car for about a week, and told me that the whirling noise was probably due to needing new tires, and that they would be more than happy to sell me new tires and that it should take care of the problem. As for the reduced power, they said that cleaning the fuel injector would "probably" take care of it and they could also service it. I decided to take care of my own tires at Costco, but unfortunately the problem persisted, so their diagnosis was wrong. I noticed that the car didn't appear to have the reduced power issue any more as it did before and that it was handling better, so I opted not to service the fuel injector, hoping that the recall issue had taken care of it. They still charged me $100, $50 each time their tech took out the car to test drive it for the whirling noise, and then for the reduced power, and I couldn't believe they charged me twice for something they could have done in one test drive, and then to tell me that I had to change the tires to fix the problem, which didn't solve it. At this point, I am hesitant at returning to the dealer because they are probably just going to charge me again to tell me they need to charge me for another service I probably don't need, and since my engine light is no longer on, they will probably tell me they can't diagnose the problem without the code. I really don't know what to do and am feeling frustrated. Here is my VIN number and hopefully you can suggest something that is more encouraging than coming into a dealership that is just going to charge me to diagnose a problem that they can't find: 2CNALPEW9A6333884. I currently have about 85,000 miles on the car.
Old March 7th, 2014, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Reduced Power / Stabilitrak Problem

Hello,
How do I send you a private message so that I can send you my personal information for follow up? Please advise....
Old March 7th, 2014, 2:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by vramirez67
Hello,
How do I send you a private message so that I can send you my personal information for follow up? Please advise....
Hello vramirez67,

If you place your mouse cursor over our Chevrolet Customer Service name and drill down, there will be a drop down box that states, Send a private message to Chevrolet Customer Service. We are more than happy to further discuss your situation via private message.

Laura M. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 23rd, 2017, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vramirez67
2010 Equinox: Experienced loss of power all of a sudden and couldn't accelerate when lights lit up on dashboard: Reduced Engine Power- Service Stabilitrak

Service light still on after turning off car and restarting. Just came back 2 weeks ago from dealer to fix recall problem for defective chain causing loud engine noise. Currently about 85,000 miles. Can't find reason online and would like to know if covered by warranty
HI there, would you happen to remember what sensor they replaced that did the trick for that stabilitrack issue?