Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stock Stereo question

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2010, 11:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Stereo question

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to put an Auxiliary port in a stock stereo for an 06 nox? Thanks in advance hope to hear from anybody soon.

L
Old February 18th, 2011, 3:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lbcepe
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to put an Auxiliary port in a stock stereo for an 06 nox? Thanks in advance hope to hear from anybody soon.

L
Okay seems as though I just joined this site, and nobody has yet answered this question. I can at least, since I am certified in the audio department...the answer is No. The stock head-unit is not capable of running a port. I have checked numerous times and thought about making my own support through the head-unit, but I didn't bother. I went ahead and bought a Pioneer P7200HD Radio and works perfect.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 9:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks BoominNox. Was that a plug-n-play install, or did you had to mod anything, and if my 06 Nox is not capable to adapt AUX ports, would it be easy to install any aftermarket radio or do I need a specific head unit model?

Thanks for the reply and thanks in advance for your next one.

L.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 9:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Boomin05Nox
Okay seems as though I just joined this site, and nobody has yet answered this question. I can at least, since I am certified in the audio department...the answer is No. The stock head-unit is not capable of running a port. I have checked numerous times and thought about making my own support through the head-unit, but I didn't bother. I went ahead and bought a Pioneer P7200HD Radio and works perfect.
so strait away the question. why then i have AUX button on my head unit?
Old February 23rd, 2011, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oleg1981
so strait away the question. why then i have AUX button on my head unit?
Straight* for starters and second off the 2005-06 Nox's didnt come with Aux input...only the 2007-present.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lbcepe
Thanks BoominNox. Was that a plug-n-play install, or did you had to mod anything, and if my 06 Nox is not capable to adapt AUX ports, would it be easy to install any aftermarket radio or do I need a specific head unit model?

Thanks for the reply and thanks in advance for your next one.

L.
You're quite welcome. Yes, I bought my radio from this company: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ However, I purchased on ebay. They have a install kit that comes free with select units that you desire, but the plug and play harness you have to pay an additional $80 for since our radios are equipped with a chime and everything else. If you don't purchase this special plug n play, you will not have to worry about your electrical components ever working again, such as alarm, turn signal, etc. I bought my Pioneer for $189.99 with Free Shipping, compare to paying over $350 in stores and not including a free radio installation kit.

Yes, it only took me 15 mins to wire up the radio to the harness and 10 minutes installation for the unit. All you gotta do is pry off the bezel trim with a flat head screwdriver or even a paint lid tool (make sure you cover it with a cloth, to avoid scratches or damages to the bezel) pop that off along with the hazard light plug, fog lights plug (if equipped), and power windows. Then you'll have the bezel off and see the 4 screws and that's all she wrote.
Old February 24th, 2011, 6:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Boomin05Nox
Straight* for starters and second off the 2005-06 Nox's didnt come with Aux input...only the 2007-present.
So on my 2006 I have a button that says AUX but it's not real?
I will foto you the device.
Name:  da44a818.jpg
Views: 12823
Size:  78.7 KB

Last edited by oleg1981; February 24th, 2011 at 6:31 AM.
Old March 6th, 2011, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Well your radio is much different than mine, where yours says XM/Audio, mine says AUTO...Besides, these radios are ****. If you're going to put a decent system in these SUV's toss out the Radios and put in aftermarket always.
Old March 6th, 2011, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

Further more, there is NO Port for AUX on these radios. The AUX port is only made digitally for a tuner to be built in such as XM, not a direct port for your Ipod.
Old July 13th, 2011, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, I know this is kind of an older post but I have been trying to find ways of getting an aux input installed without having to spend big money. I have the 2006 Equinox LS model which has the same stereo as the pic posted by oleg1981. My buddy has a 2005 CTS with a XM option on his stereo and recently installed a mp3 cable by following this link:
CTS-CTS-V FAQ: Auxilary Audio Input with XM- Not keeping XM service

I wanted to see if I could follow the same instructions and have the same setup in my car but did not want to pull out the stereo until I heard some replies. If any one could look at the link and provide feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Quick Reply: Stock Stereo question