Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

TC light and trans related issue

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2020, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC light and trans related issue

2006 Equinox with 140K
Particularly in wet conditions, TC light comes on but with a line thru it to indicate "off"- accompanied with check engine light. When these lights are ON, in DRIVE, when I go from 0 to about 35 the car will not shift. I only get a racing motor at about 3500 RPM until I hit 35-40 MPH , then it runs fine. Seems like I have no low gear. At times I can shut the car off and restart and it resets. Sometimes it will not. Codes led us in the direction of shift solenoids. Had the work done to replace shift solenoids- did not help. Had the car back to the same mechanic and he couldn't find the cause of the TC light still coming on. What is tied into the TCM in the Equinox that may be causing this issue? I feel it's wiring or sensor related
Old April 29th, 2020, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all things considered, i'm not very precisely slanted, yet mine used to move genuine hard as well. it wound up being the mass wind current sensor. the attachment on the admission worked itself free, and I would occasionally get hard moves with the check motor light being on. your issue sounds somewhat more confused than mine, however it merits checking. good luck
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited by grades; April 30th, 2020 at 2:34 AM.