Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Upgraded sound system - ripping off customers

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Upgraded sound system - ripping off customers 2014 Equinox

Hi,
I have recently bought a new 2014 Chevy Equinox. I bought the system upgrade with the pioneer speakers, sub, MyLink system. I was told that is the top of the line system.(that is the good news... or so I thought)

After buying my SUV, I put a few videos, songs, a .gif and a few pictures on a USB thumb drive. I then put it in the USB slot which is located in the center console. The Songs appear in the designated folder. I was able to access the pictures. I could access the .gif file but it won't play and the Movies folder is not present.

I talked with the Service Manager at the store I bought my vehicle from.(Chris) He referred me to a different service guy(Joe) who had more experience with the Chevy MyLink system. He agreed that my unit should be able to play video files.(after all I did buy the upgraded system) I attempted to put a DVD in the slot and it spit it out stating that it is not the proper format.(WHAT!@#$) So I sat in my truck and tried to figure it out with him. He told me he had no idea and he would go back into his training videos to try and figure it out. He told me he would call me when he had some results.

After 3 hours of waiting... he called me back and told me that my car can't play videos. "What do you mean I can't play videos?!? So you are telling me I'm screwed???" - I replied. He then told me that I do have the most up-to-date system in my car.

He also told me he didn't understand because the Spark, Tahoe, and other 2014 vehicles had a DVD/CD player etc... Well then, what did I pay extra money for?!?

He told me to come down to the shop and talk to the other Service people/manager. So I did. Low-and-behold they were gone for the day, however the guy I talked to on the phone was still there.(Joe) Joe asked me who I bought the vehicle from and I told him Matt and Jack. Matt happened to be helping some customers, but if I was willing to wait he would speak to me. So, I waited.(not a problem)

Matt and I had a conversation in the middle of the sales room floor with no other customers around. I told him that I was disappointed in the "deal" that I got with my "upgraded system". He informed me that "no where on the sticker did it say anything about being able to play movies". Wait a minute tho... I thought I paid extra for the upgraded system. He said, you did but the most up-to-date system in the Equinox was a 2009-2010 system. I pointed out that the other cars that are 2014 models have the new systems with DVD/CD combos and other accessories why doesn't mine??? He said you do have the most up to date system. HOW CAN THAT BE?!? The Spark, Camaro, Tahoe and other models on the floor are 2014s with the new system in them.

Matt told me that if I wanted to upgrade my system to watch videos I would have to go after market and void my warranty or wait for an update for MyLink. (so you are forcing your customers to void their warranty and charging extra for the system?!?)

So, to finish my comment here on this post. I feel I have been ripped off by Chevy. They have made me pay extra money for an "upgraded system" that doesn't play DVDs or movies via the USB or CD slot(not CD/DVD slot). In fact, they made me pay extra money for an upgraded system that is from 2009-2010. There has to be a way to make this right...

Thanks a lot... your UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER,

BHero32

Last edited by BHero32; April 15th, 2014 at 1:34 AM.