Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Washer Fluid Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer Fluid Malfunction

I have an '08 Equinox, and washer fluid is not dispensing for front and back windhsields. Pump was been replaced and you can hear the pump motor 'whirring' when attempting to dispense the fluid. I suspect that there may be a clog in the line somwhere. There is no pooling of the fluid on the ground when attempting to use, and have not noticed any leaks. The reservoir has remained at the same level so I know it is definitely not moving.

How would I go about determining if there is a clog and where it is? I there a way that I can clear that clog myself? Would you suspect any other problem that may be causing the fluid not to dispense?

Thank you for any help you can give me on this issue.
Old March 6th, 2012, 2:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> HornInRaiderland,

It is possible the washer pump filer is clogged. Extended use with the filter clogged may also cause the washer pump to burn out. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician; they will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection.

Louis
GM Customer Service