Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   '16 Dome light issue (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/16-dome-light-issue-85202/)

StanVan August 24th, 2017 11:26 PM

'16 Dome light issue WTF Now?

I hesitate to ask this, as I know what the first thought will be. My dome light doesn't come on when the door opens. I know about the override switch(not my first Chevy that has this feature). It's still under warranty, so I'm not asking for a solution. I just would like to know if this is a known thing. The switches work, as the chimes go off appropriately, and the light comes on manually. It's quite annoying, but I'm very busy for the next few weeks. Knowing may help it be less annoying.

ChevyVanMan September 10th, 2017 10:38 PM

Where do you think the over ride switch is ? I had same problem on mine, thought I knew too..

Thank you
Kenny

Twscarp September 11th, 2017 6:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ChevyVanMan (Post 343711)
Where do you think the over ride switch is ? I had same problem on mine, thought I knew too..

This is where the switch is on my 2008 Express 1500, from the owners manual.

ChevyVanMan September 11th, 2017 6:27 PM

Thought it was 2016, send a pic of your switch and see if it is the same..

Thank you

Kenny

Twscarp September 11th, 2017 7:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ChevyVanMan (Post 343732)
Thought it was 2016, send a pic of your switch and see if it is the same..

Like the manual says: "The dome light override button is located next to the exterior lamps control."

canucklehead September 11th, 2017 7:33 PM

The on off part of that switch is the upper half of the bezel. The little knob only controls the dim.......the upper half flexes and is the switch.

Twscarp September 11th, 2017 8:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by canucklehead (Post 343736)
The on off part of that switch is the upper half of the bezel. The little knob only controls the dim.......the upper half flexes and is the switch.

Good job canucklehead, I didn't know about the push to depress the top part to turn off the dome lights, push again and the switch comes out and domes come on. The little knob (stalk), will also turn on the dome lights, if rotated all the way clockwise. You have a 2014 Express, is yours the same as mine?

ChevyVanMan September 11th, 2017 8:30 PM

Hey you found it..

Thank you
Kenny

Twscarp September 11th, 2017 8:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyVanMan (Post 343742)
Hey you found it..

Hmmm, I knew where it was located, is your 2016 the same? That was the question.

ChevyVanMan September 11th, 2017 9:24 PM

Yes, I was replying to the original poster.. Chevy dropped the ball on that switch, it took me about 2 hrs to figure it out..
Maybe Stanvan will find it now..

Thank you
Kenny