Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1987 G20 Engine wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2022, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 G20 Engine wiring harness

Hey,

I'm in Ireland and a friend of mine got himsef aa beautiful G20, but the engine wiring harness is a hackjob. we can't set ignition timing as the jumper is missing, oxygen sensor missing and cut etc

Would anyone know where I could look up the part number for it, so I can source it in the states somewhere? any other hints and tips?
I tried the obvious ebay, etc but to no success

Kalli
Old November 23rd, 2022, 10:49 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Going to have to try to find someone willing to pull one out, I don't think you can buy a new one. Ideally someone either parting out one or willing to go to a you-pull salvage and take it out. Might look eBay again, sometimes they advertise parts with a picture of the whole unit, email and ask.

I think you can use any 87-91, 92 up have some changes, and you should only need the underhood portion. They unbolt into two parts at the firewall.

You could also look at going to a Holley Sniper or other replacement EFI system.

If you have no luck bug me, I have a 91 I need to part out but I don't know how soon I will do it.
The following users liked this post:
Rusty Vango (February 13th, 2023)
Old February 13th, 2023, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kalli
Hey,

I'm in Ireland and a friend of mine got himsef aa beautiful G20, but the engine wiring harness is a hackjob. we can't set ignition timing as the jumper is missing, oxygen sensor missing and cut etc

Would anyone know where I could look up the part number for it, so I can source it in the states somewhere? any other hints and tips?
I tried the obvious ebay, etc but to no success

Kalli
your best bet is going to be ......repair whats been hacked . once you have done this , you can proceed as usual . Ebay has the factory service and repair manuals . be sure to get the wiring suppliment as well .