Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1987 G20 weatherstripping kit

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2015, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 G20 weatherstripping kit

Hi all,
I have purchased a 1987 Chevy g20 van that has been converted into a camper. I am looking for a full kit to replace all of the weatherstripping on the van.

I need all of the rubber including the rear, front and side doors, along with the drivers and passengers side
window strips. I only need the Chevy specific parts not the camper top.

Is there a kit that contains all of the parts I need?

Thanks for you help and enjoy a pic of my soon to be full time home!

Edit: Just realized I posted in the wrong thread (great first post ) If a mod could move me to past model forum that would be great.
Attached Thumbnails 1987 G20 weatherstripping kit-img_0546.jpg  

Last edited by Highrev15k; October 23rd, 2015 at 9:11 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JC Whitney?
Old October 25th, 2015, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weatherstripping kit

I tried soft seal brand but had worse water leaks afterwards then with the rotten rubber GM seals. Complained to soft seal but they won't respond.
Their seals are smaller/shorter and so do not
fill the gap like the originals did. Corners are round where originals were 90 degree. Rubber is tooo soft. Does not fit tight enough stop wind noise.
All doors leak over the top and corners. Front doors are the worse, as there is a gap that allows water to puddle up on top of the door. When you open the door you get a waterfall on top of your legs and arms.
I should of left the originals on. they worked better but were dry rotted in corners where sun got to them.
Ended up adding house weatherstripping all around to take up the gaps.
Mine is a 95 G30 ext Roadtrek "B" motorhome, but the doors are original GM with no modifications. Try one door seal before buying a entire kit.
The following users liked this post:
Elisia Friedman (January 12th, 2021)