Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1989 G30 350 5.7l v8 TBI 1-ton Class C Motorhome

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2022, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tbi not giving you sufficient flow that's a duel port injection take the air cleaner off and look and see if both jets are spitting feul if only one is working then there's your idling and no power.both jets must shoot feul and a good spray not a dribble.should look like a sprinkler watering a lawn.remedy start by replacing the injectors,if you did then take them back and get new one's get back at me if that's not it
Old September 26th, 2022, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fart mouth

Originally Posted by Don89G30
Thanks William,

Right! My thoughts are first to replace the manifold exhaust gasket (passenger side), EGR valve, coolant temperature sensor, thermostat, Idle air control valve, spark plugs, and wires. I don't know how important it is to change out the distributor cap or the coil while doing the wires and plugs. Money is an object, any thoughts? Before doing the MAP, I really want to make sure I don't have vacuum leaks. I am trying to figure out if I need to purchase the "mighty vac" to go through the vacuum lines or just use carburetor fluid. Right now it is idling rough, so I don't think I can pick through the vacuum with fluid. I have to do a brake bleed, so I am leaning towards the mighty vac. Another concern is what jack stand ton weight I should buy for a 1 ton dually motorhome. The rule of thumb, I understand is that the stands should be rated to hold twice the weight of the vehicle. I assume I need 6 ton jack stands. Thanks for your input.
check your injectors if one is only working at idle the other is bad pull it out and change it