Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2016 Chevy Express Drivers side back glass cracked

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2017, 6:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy 2016 Chevy Express Drivers side back glass cracked

Just noticed my Drivers Side Back glass is cracked on 2016 3500 passenger van LT. Insurance paid, but $1472.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Hope this doesn't happen often , don't know what did it. Looking from outside wasn't noticeable only inside.. Anyone else have any problems ?

Thank you

Kenny
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ouch.

That's the glass on the fixed body? I have left hand doors with glass but no glass on the rear panels. I am going to assume without insurance $800? They paid full pop on a new van, new parts all around I bet.
Old June 5th, 2017, 7:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That glass is double layer laminated. If the outer layer was cracked but the inner not you could have left it. unless of course the crack was long from one side to the other. I have a small crack that goes from the edge and circles right back to the same edge maybe 4 inches in diameter from a rock hitting the leading edge of the glass....Glass shop said it was okay since it was the outer layer only.
Old June 5th, 2017, 9:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully, it won't happen again.. Appreciate both of your comment

Thank you
Kenny