Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

72 van needs help

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2010, 8:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb yes!!

Yes.goodSan Diego ChargersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsTampa Bay Buccaneers
Old September 10th, 2010, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I confirmed no vacuum leaks by spraying starting fluid about the likely places but replaced hoses anyway just 'cause. I found I actually was a bit blind and a dummy. I found an idle mixture screw right where you said it would be. I've been fiddling with the carb and it runs a little better but still has crappy acceleration unless I drive with the choke pulled out. Not a great solution so I'm going to take it apart again when I get the chance and go through every adjustment.

I fixed the leak in the tank and it's holding well. I fixed the gas gauge (essential ditty to have working). I got the wiper linkage and motor installed only to find it's not working. Today I got a wiring diagram from the library along with some trouble shooting tips for the wiper motor. Rainy season is coming so I am making that a priority. If anyone reading this thread has any tips on rochester monojets and my symptoms please share.