Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Adding Auxiliary Power to a 2009 3500

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Auxiliary Power to a 2009 3500

I just bought a used Chevy 3500 passenger van and we realized that the cigarette lighter can't be used as an aux power port (according to the manual if I'm reading it right). That only leaves us with one power port for us and 6 kids! I know we can get some kind of splitter to plug into it, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have something a little more built in. Can I get a second port mounted on the dash? How about running it further back into the van? What do you think guys?

Thanks,
Nate Baxley
Old June 3rd, 2011, 9:01 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nbaxley
I just bought a used Chevy 3500 passenger van and we realized that the cigarette lighter can't be used as an aux power port (according to the manual if I'm reading it right). That only leaves us with one power port for us and 6 kids! I know we can get some kind of splitter to plug into it, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have something a little more built in. Can I get a second port mounted on the dash? How about running it further back into the van? What do you think guys?

Thanks,
Nate Baxley

Nbaxley,

I agree that you should not use the lighter for an auxiliary port to plug in your accessories. I would advise you to contact your local dealership to confirm if there would be anyway you could get more power outlets for the accessories you need to use. They will be able to let you know if there is a way you can get this so you will have enough outlets for you and your family.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service