Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Aftermarket stereo and backup camera installation

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2019, 8:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old May 8th, 2019, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Silent_20,

Thanks for the pictures. Did you change the angle between the following two images? If so how and was it difficult to do? I like the first angle better
Originally Posted by silent_20

Old May 8th, 2019, 2:11 PM
CF Junior Member

You manually have to move the camera. Its supposed to be a 20 degree change. Takes less than 2 seconds.
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:04 AM
CF Junior Member

That is great, thanks for the responses.
Old May 12th, 2019, 2:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a Jensen based on multiple sites reviews, functions I needed and prive. What a pile of crap. It restarts, freezes and just garbage. I cant play from USB AND use the nav because it will freeze.

I might want to try a Pumpkin Unit next time
Old May 13th, 2019, 2:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneveConversionVan
I bought a Jensen based on multiple sites reviews, functions I needed and prive. What a pile of crap. It restarts, freezes and just garbage. I cant play from USB AND use the nav because it will freeze.

Be very careful in what you select for Android. If you go with the newest, best specifications of internal hardware, you should have minimal problems. My actually working rather well. The only thing holding up anything non-functional is me, money and a clear mind.
Old May 13th, 2019, 8:33 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by dberladyn
Be very careful in what you select for Android. If you go with the newest, best specifications of internal hardware, you should have minimal problems. My actually working rather well. The only thing holding up anything non-functional is me, money and a clear mind.
LOL

What brand/flavor of linux do you have?
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:36 AM
CF Junior Member

I tried a Pumpkin before I got the Boss and I sent it back after bench testing. If you want something that just works and does not crash then you don't want a Pumpkin. It had a lot of stability issues and it also had problems with inconsistent brightness/contrast from one source to the other. I have a rather extensive review of the Pumpkin if you want it, but ultimately it was not something I wanted to be fiddling with while I was attempting to drive. I really wanted to like it, so I was really disappointed.
Old May 16th, 2019, 8:49 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by pile0g00
I tried a Pumpkin before I got the Boss and I sent it back after bench testing. If you want something that just works and does not crash then you don't want a Pumpkin. It had a lot of stability issues and it also had problems with inconsistent brightness/contrast from one source to the other. I have a rather extensive review of the Pumpkin if you want it, but ultimately it was not something I wanted to be fiddling with while I was attempting to drive. I really wanted to like it, so I was really disappointed.
Ahhh good input thanks!

So, is the boss holding up to the task? G also has a BOSS flat screen with DVD. DVD disc has been there for 5 months and I havent bee able to remove it, thats why I was thinking in another option than BOSS.
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Ahhh good input thanks!

So, is the boss holding up to the task? G also has a BOSS flat screen with DVD. DVD disc has been there for 5 months and I havent bee able to remove it, thats why I was thinking in another option than BOSS.
It has never restarted or froze. My primary goal was a good backup screen. I explored external screens and even purchased one, but ultimately decided that it was going to be more headache then it was worth. I would say that the Boss is working well as a backup screen and it is certainly an upgrade over the stock stereo. I have used most of the features of the Boss and they all seem to work well. I have occasionally used the DVD player and it is still working. The Boss stereo has a 5 year warranty according to the site I purchased it from.