Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Best up grades done

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2017, 7:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best up grades done

Whats the best upgrades you guys could offer a new owner of a 2006 Express van 3500 6.0 v8

My vehicle is Sound I posted a pic of it in show us your van thread

I have already started to do some add ons Tinted windows , Bug shield , rain guards , Polished the wheels , Wax the Van ,

Repainted the interior , the Van was used of course for work so the interior was trashed .

Here is the rear rubber mat worth the price ? https://www.etrailer.com/Cargo-Van-M...iABEgK7gPD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails Best up grades done-van-2.jpg   Best up grades done-van-3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Sean Rothar (February 25th, 2021)
Old September 19th, 2017, 8:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Teammuir1
Whats the best upgrades you guys could offer a new owner of a 2006 Express van 3500 6.0 v8.
I like the chrome bumpers, composite headlight system, full-length front air dam, and GM molded mud flaps. I know the headlights and grille can be changed, not sure of the price, new through an online GM Dealer like GMPartsGiant.com, or a bone yard or Pic A Part. Hard to see the air dam, maybe I'll take a better pic tomorrow. Have fun, good luck...
Attached Thumbnails Best up grades done-screen-shot-2017-09-19-9.11.28-pm.png   Best up grades done-screen-shot-2017-09-19-9.23.33-pm.png  
Old September 20th, 2017, 6:47 AM
CF Pro Member

Your Van looks nice.... I am on the fence about the changing over the frt end to your style... it doesnt bother me that mine is different now
the headlights bother me... but I am going to change that soon I want the LED with the RED led ring around them ,
I like the black front end on mine because it matches the trailer I pull for my RC planes. I personally dont want chrome. I am
even changing the look of the front of my trailer and I am going to paint the diamond plate black to match lol
but here is a look at my trailer now and you will see how it matches the truck Best up grades done-24-ft-trailer-1.jpg
Attached Images  
Old September 20th, 2017, 6:51 AM
CF Pro Member

Default Bottom Spoiler

I do however like that bottom spoiler... what I have noticed by just looking on the net after looking at your van
the newer vans 2016 2017 they have that bigger spoiler so I am taking it that I have to do to the dealer
to get that item along with the hardware to attach it ....
is that were you purchased yours ? or is yours after market ?
Old September 20th, 2017, 6:58 AM
CF Pro Member

However if I were going to go drastic I think I would rather have a frt bumper cover.. well at least that is what
I think this is correct me if I am wrong.. but I really like the look of this and paint it Black to match the frt of
my van
Attached Images  
Old September 20th, 2017, 7:06 AM
CF Pro Member

Default Bumper covers

Company makes these covers for my year of van
Attached Images       
Old September 20th, 2017, 8:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Teammuir1
I do however like that bottom spoiler... what I have noticed by just looking on the net after looking at your van
the newer vans 2016 2017 they have that bigger spoiler so I am taking it that I have to do to the dealer
to get that item along with the hardware to attach it ....
is that were you purchased yours ? or is yours after market ?
Hi, I bought my van used, the front end and chrome bumpers were original equipment, but there was not any deflector installed. It's a dealer item, and see it's saying "w/chrome bumper", it attaches to the bumper with 9 square punched holes on the bottom, you would have to check that the holes are in your painted bumper.
https://parts.rydellchev.com/showAss...=0&modelYear=0
So you would need (1) Air deflector Item #9, (9) Air deflector pin Item #10, (9) Air deflector retainer Item #11.
I also want to add you might want to check out compnine.com, for a very nice VIN Decoder with RPO Codes, for $5 you can do 5 VIN's, highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails Best up grades done-screen-shot-2017-09-20-8.41.08-am.png   Best up grades done-screen-shot-2017-09-20-8.41.40-am.png   Best up grades done-screen-shot-2017-09-20-8.42.18-am.png  
Old September 20th, 2017, 9:03 AM
CF Pro Member

Thats a great break down.. Thanks....

I will go check and see if I have the holes in my bumper.... on a side note I actually decoded my van myself
before I bought it lol it was crazy it took a long time you just couldnt sit there and keep intering in the codes you
had to wait like 40 some sec between code intering.. lol
but I did it I have that info and its very good info I might add.....
Old September 20th, 2017, 9:31 AM
CF Pro Member

I have 4 oblong holes on each side of the bottom of my bumper...
so it sounds as if I can order that part your talking about
along with the clips.
Old September 20th, 2017, 9:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Creature comforts. A stereo system was first in mind for me. One with a large video display, mainly for a back up camera. I was expecting less rear visibility with moving up from an Astro, but not that much. Thanks to another member here, I got clued in to a neat camera. It replaces the high mounted brake light lens. I don't know if it fits an '06, but you should look in to it. Found it on Amazon.

I also did running boards. Again, I wasn't expecting such a large step up in to the van. My 60 year old knees appreciate the boards. I see you already have the window visors. Did those too. You also might want to look in to a dash carpet. It reduces the heat from the vinyl caused by the sun. I got black to also reduce glare.

Truthfully, the only thing not installed is the stereo. I've had the move, and a move of my daughter, just not enough time. I have it all, but I have at least one more week of trying to get the house straight(happy wife, happy life), and then it's time for the build. I have my first camp trip in this van, and need to get it together. There may be a build thread in my future.

Quick Reply: Best up grades done