Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

build sheet

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2017, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default build sheet

firstly i hope this thread is in correct place,if not be patient i am new here and it may take me awhile to learn this site,my question is as a newbie to chev/vans do they have build sheets hidden in them like other makes?i have found build sheets behind seats,under dash,etc on lincolns,pontiacs,so just wondering if other's have come across them thank's for reading this...
Old June 25th, 2017, 7:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi, I don't know of any hidden build sheets. But with the VIN you can get the build items of your vehicle. I use compnine.com, for $5 you can read 5 VIN's, works pretty good.
Old June 25th, 2017, 9:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there is a vin decoder on this site in the tool section.

the rpo build sticker location varies depending on model year and platform. the newer vans may have the sticker in the glove box
Old June 25th, 2017, 10:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi tech2, I didn't know there was a VIN Decoder on this forum. A lot of good info about the vehicle, but when I tried it with my van, it did miss a few things. Low Tire Pressure Indicators, Radio, Chrome Grille, Composite Headlights, Front and Rear Chrome Bumpers, Exterior Color, Interior Trim Color, Vinyl Trim Color, Panel Trim Side and Rear Doors, Rear Door Window Glass Type, Side Door Window Glass Type, Air Conditioner, Cruise Control, and Steering Column Tilt. I think using both would give a good summary.
Old June 26th, 2017, 5:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank's for the reply i will be picking van up this week and will look for a build sheet while tearing it down for tidy up,
Old June 26th, 2017, 7:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Twscarp
Hi tech2, I didn't know there was a VIN Decoder on this forum. A lot of good info about the vehicle, but when I tried it with my van, it did miss a few things. Low Tire Pressure Indicators, Radio, Chrome Grille, Composite Headlights, Front and Rear Chrome Bumpers, Exterior Color, Interior Trim Color, Vinyl Trim Color, Panel Trim Side and Rear Doors, Rear Door Window Glass Type, Side Door Window Glass Type, Air Conditioner, Cruise Control, and Steering Column Tilt. I think using both would give a good summary.
yep, its incomplete. When i worked for the general; i could access dealer build sheets and they are nice to have. If you are on good terms with a dealer or customer service...they might print one out for you.