Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Cargo basket roof rack... Pictures?

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2019, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo basket roof rack... Pictures?

Trying to find a nice sporty looking roof cargo basket for my '09 Express. Anybody near Denver have these with pics, who installed them etc? If I install myself where did you get yours?
Old October 11th, 2019, 6:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

First I had to install the brackets & crossbars which I got from Van Tech.

I installed a Curt roof rack myself. I bought two extension kits for it so it would be longer and hold more flat without going too high. If I can find one more Van Tech bracket and crossbar, I would like to get it for more support in the middle because I added Aluminum diamond tread to the bottom after this picture was taken so I could use it as an observation deck platform to give me more height at events. I also added a back door exterior ladder to more easily access the roof rack which was after this picture was taken.

Last edited by Black'95; October 11th, 2019 at 6:06 AM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that! Didn't realize the crossbar & brackets alone stand about 7" plus the basket? I'm looking for lower profile but especially looking for full length on the roof like Aluminess ($3k yikes!)
Old October 12th, 2019, 9:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lynch
Thanks for that! Didn't realize the crossbar & brackets alone stand about 7" plus the basket? I'm looking for lower profile but especially looking for full length on the roof like Aluminess ($3k yikes!)
I made mine a little lower by cutting the crossbars a little shorter and mounting them on the underside of the side brackets instead of on top of them. I had issues with my garage door not being high enough.