Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Changing parts between years? Door panels, tail lights, and rear trim peices

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2019, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing parts between years? Door panels, tail lights, and rear trim peices

Hi, y'all!

I just purchased a 2002 Savana 3500 and am trying to get it all squared away. I was curious what years interior and exterior body parts will interchange with other years since it seems like only a little has been changed from time to time? I know 96-02 was a series and that in 03 the front end was changed. I know that the entire front clip from an 05 can be put onto an 02 with nominal effort.

But are the doors the same? Can I swap a door right off of an 05 and put it on my 02? Really I want to replace my inner door panels and wasn't sure if I could snag an interior front door panel off a newer junkyard van and have it work on my 02. I have manual windows, btw.

Will the tail lights from an 04 or 2010 fit on my 02? Direct replacements are expensive, but there are an awful lot of newer express vans at the pick-a-part yards around here.
For that matter, are the rear exterior trim pieces interchangeable from a 2010 to an 02? My van is pepto bismol pink, and it would almost be easier to scavenge those plastic pieces along with new tail lights rather than try to strip/refinish mine. I'm talking about the plastic trim parts that "connect" the two tail lights across the upper rear of the van (as seen in pic)

Thanks!!!
Old June 15th, 2019, 7:30 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try this page out. Not advertising for them, it's a way to look up interchanges.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/loca...MTV8MDA1MjU%3D