Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Confused about leaking brake line!

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2023, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused about leaking brake line!

Hi, I知 hoping that this is an easily answered question from those more mechanically savvy than I. I have an 06 Chevrolet 1500 Express standard van The photo is of two brake lines running to the front left drivers side. I知 not familiar with this setup, so to say, as far as the White blocks and different overall appearance with the braided type connecting lines. Is there a reason why they aren稚 just standard lines all the way through? One is leaking,and I wasn稚 sure if it required anything special to replace them? Can I have those sections cut out and have standard lines coupled on the ends for now? Any info, suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated! I have other photographs if need. Thanks

LEFT FRONT DRIVERS SIDE - What are the white blocks, and why aren't they just continuous lines?
Old August 23rd, 2023, 2:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

maybe someone replaced the MC and decided to put flexible lines
Old August 23rd, 2023, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wondered that, just looked odd to me. I guess my best bet might be to see how these two lines run and see if it's feasible to make new CN dedicated lines. Thanks for the response, you're probably right.

ACTUALLY, I stand corrected. I found a short, older video on, of course, YouTube, and it shows that this is the factory setup. Apparently, the braided lines were used to prevent them from rubbing against a single brake line which runs under them. It didn't' seem to work out and there were full brake failures, but from the single hard line apparently. My issue is replacing the braided lines, which are what is leaking. Oh well...

Last edited by Caprice 9C1; August 23rd, 2023 at 9:55 PM. Reason: Found some facts on YouTube